The Burlington School District contracts with Green Mountain Transit to run School Trippers for our students. These buses go to most neighborhoods. Riding the School Tripper bus is free for K-5th grade students living more than 0.7 miles away from their elementary school and 6-8th grade students living more than 1 mile from their Middle School, otherwise the cost is $0.60 per ride. All BHS students ride the bus for free. Bus passes are distributed to qualifying students in early October.
All morning and afternoon schedule times for route throughout Burlington are available on the GMT website.
Expectations on the Bus
Students are expected to follow all bus rules while riding. Buses have cameras to record both video and audio. School administration will review the tapes if a concern arises. Violating bus rules may result in short- or long-term suspension, and families will need to arrange their own transportation.
- Bus Rules:
- Respect other students and the driver.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Listen and obey the driver’s instructions at all times.
- Keep your heads, hands, and arms to yourself and, most importantly, inside the bus.
- Do not throw objects on the bus or out the windows.
- Use a quiet voice.
- All school rules apply to the bus and at bus stops.